Thursday, June 21, 2001

Jen

Seriously guys, you don’t want Greg to go “crazy style on your asses.” It could get messy.

Yeah, so I’m having a party. Wait. How many people do you need to show up for it to be a party? If more than 10 people is a party, than that’s what it is. If not, than it’s a gathering. I’d rather call it a BBQ. Whatever. Anyway, it’s Friday night, The Margarita Party Ball will be there, along with a little lovin’ we call Fran Punch. Fran, who happens to be living in New York, introduced this punch at the annual Day After Thanksgiving Party that is held every year, two years ago. It’s excellent- I’d give away the ingredients, but then Fran would have to kill me.

Last night, I had a hang out session with Peter. We pretty much talked about the engagement thing most of the night.* The whole event is taking place tonight, so I wish him tons of luck. The ring is so beautiful. Getting married is the absolute last thing I have on my mind, but as soon as you put that ring on, you don’t want to take it off.**

We also went to Ikea, but finding a new duvet cover was unsuccessful. I did buy something though. I had to wait in a long line to buy a 95-cent item. Pat called me when I was waiting in line, and asked me what I was buying.
Me: It’s cheap.
Pat: Well, what is it?
Me: We really need one.
Pat: That’s not what I’m asking.
Me: It’s a toilet brush.
Yeah, so I bought a toilet brush. You got a problem with that?

I think Pat might still be at my place playing Dragon Warrior. He got to level 5 last night as I was falling asleep. The thing that makes no sense about the game? You learn two really good spells in both level one and two (hurt and heal) and then you don’t learn any more spells until level 6 or so, and it’s a shitty spell (sleep) that doesn’t even work all the time. Wow. In this paragraph alone, I basically admitted what a dork I am.

More after Spicy Chicken at Silk Road.***

*That and the cubs. Peter is a huge Cubbies fan. The game was awesome last night. Sammy’s grand slam in the 7th? Awesome. Finally we beat St. Louis in their stadium for the first time since what, 1999? I guess that’s not so long ago. . .
**It’s another girl thing.
***Yes, the same spicy chicken I had when my tongue was swollen. You never forget things, do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home