Thursday, May 24, 2001

Jen

What’s up with you blogger?

Ah…. I guess I should actually read the blogger home page once in awhile… It may take up to 72 hours to do this server change. Man, I feel so cut off from the world. How is Zach’s job going? Marc’s classes? What about Jason in Europe? I don’t even know what everyone else is doing, because I can’t read about it. Good thing that AYWAW? is still up and running, same with amplified.

Since I figure no one will read this until Saturday (maybe Friday) or so, I can say that I know where the secret Weezer show is this Friday. Jer called me this morning and told me. I still don’t know if I care enough to go. If this gets posted before Friday night and you want to know where the show is, e-mail me. Here are my current problems with Weezer. This is going to make me sound like a music snob, so deal:

1) Rivers: When did he become such a prick? First of all, he is not exciting live. He just stands there. I mean, I get excited just singing along to OLD Weezer songs. Even if Rivers doesn’t give two shits, at least act like you care for the fans. They are the one’s who fork out the cash to see his sorry ass. Secondly, what's this bullshit about calling Pinkerton a bomb? (I'm not the only one who feels this way.) Finally, I spoke to Jer about this last night. Rivers did an interview with rolling stone and all he talked about was his heavy drug use. What happened to the dorks we used to know and love? This leads me to #2.

2) Lame title “Hash Pipe”: Ok, there are tons of bands out there that write songs about drugs, that’s basically what all Pixies songs are about. Anyway, there are plenty of ways to write a song about a hash pipe and not actually say it. Do not blatantly name a song “Hash Pipe.” It’s just lame.

3) Why I miss Matt Sharp: To me, he was the personality of the band. He made shows so exciting and fun. This Mikey guy seems ok, but come on! He’s no Matt!

4) Tragically hip?: What is with their tragically hip outfits on the green album? (At least Pat Wilson kinda has it straight. . . ) Where are the holy, ugly sweaters and polyester shirts? I miss you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home