Tuesday, May 01, 2001

Jen

Why did we get so much mail today? Stop sending your shit! We don’t want it!

Last night, I stayed at the P’s… At least I had Pat’s company for most of the night. I will admit that Pat kicked my booty in pool- only for two reasons: I was in the lead during the first game and I scratched on the eight ball and my second game is never as good as my first. It was good having Pat over, because it kept my neurotic dog up and he slept when he was supposed to. Yay! Unfortunately, staying up until 4 to get him to sleep through the night may not be the answer. We stayed up to watch Romeo Must Die which was ok. Not awesome and it definitely didn’t suck, so it gets the rating of ok.

Becky, do you need help tonight? Let me know.

Here’s a little story. I go to Reckless on Broadway last night after work and purchase Ned’s Atomic Dustbin’s God Fodder (Yay! Slowly but surely replacing the tape collection) and the new Shellac (that isn’t really that new anymore, but I had wanted it for a long time and never purchased it.) Anyway, at the checkout, the girl asks me if I’m going to the Shellac show tomorrow night. I told her that I didn’t know they were playing and she responded by telling me that they are playing with Fugazi. “At the Congress?” I ask, because I saw them (meaning both Fugazi and Shellac) there back in May of ’98 (so long ago!) She then goes on and on about how people keep calling to see if the show is sold out and how there are plenty of tickets left. Then she asks me if I want to buy any. I say no, not because I don’t want to go, but I don’t know who I would buy tickets for. There are so many people who I think would want to go. So, I tell her I’ll just buy them at the door and she says, “see you at the show tomorrow!”

Ok, problems with this story:
1) The Fugazi/Shellac show is not until June. I remember someone telling me about it, but I couldn’t remember the month. That is why I was so shocked to hear that the show was today (can I say that and be correct in grammar?) Tickets for the show go on SALE tomorrow. So, I’m thinking, was she actually going to sell me tickets in advance? How cool would that have been?
2) If you work at a record store, and have tickets that you are supposed to sell the NEXT day, shouldn’t you know about this? Should you go around falsely advertising a show?
3) Just because you work at a record store doesn’t mean you are the end all be all of musical knowledge.

By the way, the name Jennifer means lovely. And yes, my grandma did give me that mug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home