Wednesday, June 13, 2001

Jen

In honor of Yoga (and the fact that I didn’t go yesterday because Becky was out of town), I have posed the little bendable figure that Ken gave me in tree position. I just checked the website and it looks like the asana of the month is downward dog. I think that my office might find it a little odd to see my little bendy man in that position. We’ll stick with tree pose.

The mission went well and as planned. We had Chinese. It took kinda long though . . . but, oh, I will do it again.

So yes, I checked out the Australian guys in the Sears window on State. It’s a really cool set up. There is a bedroom with bunk beds, a living room, kitchen and bathroom, all in public view. The bathroom is set up a bit odd. There is a bathtub at the top of this staircase and a shower with glass doors (of course, a certain area of the door is blocked so that certain things can’t be seen, if you know what I mean.) Anyway, when I showed up, one of the four happened to be napping, one was on the phone- I think- and two were in the kitchen. They can only communicate with people on the street through dry erase boards. So there is this guy, trying to yell through the window-

Stupid guy: Do you know who Oprah is?
Auzzie guy writes: I can’t hear you.
Stupid guy (louder): Oprah. Do you know who Oprah is?
Auzzie guy writes: I still can’t hear you.
Stupid guy (louder and also using hand signals): O-P-R-A-H. OPRAH. DO YOU KNOW WHO OPRAH IS?
Auzzie guy: I really have no idea what you are saying.
Another guy approaches with a pad of paper. He writes: He wants to know if you know who Oprah is.
Auzzie guy: Finally! Someone with paper!

He never answered the question about Oprah. What kind of question is that anyway? Wouldn’t you rather ask what it’s like to be in there, or where are they from- anything but a stupid question about Oprah.

Basically, if you are down here, check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home