Tuesday, July 10, 2001

Jen

Where do I start?

Jesus, a lot has happened! I guess I should start last night. So, I’m at Pat’s and my cell phone rings: it’s Jer. I’m shocked, and still slightly mad at his goodbye from earlier. Bitterly, I ask why he’s calling me, and he tells me “to give you a proper goodbye.” You can guess what happened next.

After I go through a box of Kleenex, I decided that Pat’s place is just too damn hot, and I head back to the wonderful, air-conditioned confines of my place. When I get there, Marisa, one of my roommates, is up. We talk for awhile, and as it turns out, the one roommate who we thought would stay is leaving, and now there is a room free. All of this means that Gant can move in, and we can keep the apartment, rather than Gant and I looking for a new place. My current apartment is really great: It has tons of windows, high ceilings and enclosed porch and a back yard. I love it there. So, I call Gant, and we decide to figure stuff out in the morning when we both have a chance to sleep on the offer. I also feel bad for Marisa, because I want her to have a place to live too.

I go to bed, feeling pretty content knowing that I won’t have to pack up all my crap. Of course, the morning changes all of that.

I’m in the shower, and I hear two voices. I listen more closely to find that it is my landlord, Crazy Old Ernie, and some guy. Well, I’m thinking, “Oh shit, he’s showing the apartment,” which turns out to be true. Of course, once I have plans settled in my mind, everything is up in the air again. Anyway, I’m standing there in an oversized shirt and a towel and Marisa just got dressed and we are trying to convince Ernie to let us keep the place. At first, he tells us that he refuses to renew our lease because no one at our apartment gave him a straight answer. I tried to tell him that all three of us live very separate lives and that we are all home at different times so we tend not get messages. Then mid way through the conversation, after Marisa and I try to calm him down some, he tells us that if this guy, the guy who is standing there who just viewed the apartment, doesn’t want it, we can have it back. Then he tells us what good tenants we are and how we always pay the rent on time and how clean the place is. Why would he want the hassle of getting a new tenant if we are so good?

At 6 tonight, I’ll know if we get to keep the place or not. Basically for one night, I was at ease about this apartment search. I’m tired of moving every year. I just want to stay in one place for awhile, you know? I moved a lot when I was younger and now I move almost as much. So now I’m all anxious and I can’t stop thinking about it. I’m a little pissed too, but I don’t want to get into that on this blog.

Another thing that makes me mad is the price for Pat Benatar tickets. Not to be mean Pat, we love you and everything, but your tickets are not worth $30!!! Becky, how many of her hits are on that value CD you found? Five? And we didn’t even know one!!! I’m so sure that it was made up for the CD. Oh my god! That reminds me- Band/Artist of the Month for June! We need votes!!!

I also have an idea who I'd like to honor as 80's star of the month, even though it will be hard to beat Mr.T . . . more on that later.

Look! No footnotes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home