Thursday, July 26, 2001

Jen

You guys! I’m sorry about your bad experience at the House of Blues yesterday! I do want to say thanks though; at least we know to show up early. Especially because Alkaline Trio are playing as well. . . Does that mean the HOB will push Hey Mercedes up to 5:30? God, I hope not.

I know why Dylan is not a lap dog. He’s freakin’ huge! Although I was aware of his size before, it was reinforced when he wanted to sleep on my feet/me all night long. I know he misses my parents and that’s why he wants to be all cuddly and everything. Anyway, he did rather well last night- I think he only woke me up three times.

I’m still pretty exhausted though. Part of it has to do with the condition of my parent’s house. Whenever I go to the parent’s in this construction state, or stay there alone, I get this mental picture of the scene from Lethal Weapon 3, I think it is. Danny Glover goes home and the bad guy is waiting for him. They battle with the tools through the construction and Danny finally gets him with a nail gun. Come to think of it, isn’t there another Lethal Weapon where the movie ends in a construction site?

Anyway, here are my main problems, none of which are battling a bad guy with a tile saw.
1) On a majority of windows, there are no blinds or coverings. My room at home is always pretty dark, so I sleep really well. I couldn’t cover any of the window at the parent’s, and I kept waking up. The daylight was deceiving. I didn’t realize how light it is and so early. I got up at five thirty-ish because it seemed like the right about of daylight to wake up too. I did it again at 6:15.
2) The condition of the bathrooms: I can take a shower up stairs, but the sink doesn’t work and there is no door. I can use the sink in the downstairs bathroom, but there are no walls, a small amount of light and no mirror. I brushed my teeth in the kitchen.
3) Dust: there is dust everywhere. It’s not like normal dust, but dust from sanding dry wall. It’s terrible.
4) Beds: There is one bed. It is covered with crap, such as dog hair, dust and plastic. It would take too much work to make it a pleasant sleeping environment. If I get home early enough tonight, I may try it. I slept on the couch. Ten minutes into sleeping. I noticed a lump. My dog tried to bury a bone in the couch cushions.

One more night, thank god. I’m a huge baby when it comes to sleep. What I mean by this is that it needs to be good sleep or I can be an evil person. Trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home