Friday, August 31, 2001

Jen

It’s great moving a couch in the rain.

Ok, I personally didn’t move it, but I oversaw the moving process. I was out in the rain just like everyone else last night. OK?!?!

Gant got his bed in early, and then we went to Pat’s house to pick up the couch. Pat was going to throw it away, but I couldn’t let him do it. The couch is just sooo comfortable. It’s a complete piece of shit, mind you, but it’s so soft. AND it has character. Bean, one of my favorite kitties, used the arm rest as a scratching post, so there are some cat scratch marks, a few beverage stains (nothing like turning over the cushions!) and there you have it! Our new couch in the dinning room-transformed-into-study area of our house. We tried to wait out the rain, but it obviously wasn’t happening. Pat and I thought it was pretty fuuny when the news said, “FLASH FLOOD WARNING FOR ALL OF COOK COUNTY.” Um, that’s one huge flash flood if you ask me.

So, the apartment is looking good. It’s nice to finally have everything come together.

We have a very fun weekend ahead of us. The band is coming in to record again, there is a “triple decker” party Saturday night, and Pat and I are hopefully going away somewhere Sunday and Monday, although that is still in the works.

What's with all these half days? Am I the only one who has to work all day the Friday before Labor Day?

Now I’m going to going and scratch my eyes out because of these damn allergies. I warn you, my next post maybe unreadable because I won’t have eyes any longer. So I apologize in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home