Thursday, August 30, 2001

Becky: The night I met Ronnie Woo-Woo

Okay so one night after I first moved to the city we went to this bar in Wrigleyville called John Barleycorn. Its not the greatest place in the world but not the worst either-but it is a total wrigleyville-postcollegestudent-yuppie bar. Keep in mind I just moved into the city and did not know alot about the Cubs at this point (greg had not started his teaching yet).

So I am there with two girlfriends and we sit down at a table in the back. The place was crowded as there had been a cubs game earlier that day. We are there for a few minutes when this guy approaches our table with this guy wearing a cubs uniform who looks like a bum (I mean no disrespect by this term). and the guy is like "hey ladies, this is ronnie woo-woo" and we (being the stupid people that we are) are like, "who?" so they tried to convince us that he was a cubs player, but we didn't fall for any of that jazz.

At this point they sit down and ronnie attempts to speak and we have no idea what he is saying. My two friends then suddenly see some people they know but I don't know and leave the table. Then the guy who first came over left the table and I am left sitting next to Ronnie Woo-Woo trying very hard to figure out what the hell he's talkin about and mostly just smiling and nodding. This went on for what seemed like forever but was probably 2-3 minutes.

I can't really remember how it ended and it wasn't until weeks later that I found out that I had been talking to the "ultimate bleacher bum"

Greg, explain more about who ronnie is okay?

ps-today I got free boccoli and cauliflower from work. the funny part is that I work in the R&D center of a consumer goods company that makes plastic bags.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home