Friday, August 24, 2001

a song for a heart so big, god couldn'y let it live

i work directly across from the wrigley building in downtown chicago. my office is on the 33rd floor and i have a window that faces the wrigley building's clock tower. it's a square tower with four huge clocks and two of them are visable to me from my office. at least one of them is always wrong. two days ago the left clock was wrong so they went and fixed it and then it was right. but yesterday, remarkably, the right clock was wrong. so they fixed that one yesterday. and today the left one is wrong again. there is seriously something funky going on over there. the cool part is i get to watch them fix it. i wish i could walk around the top of that building. it looks neat.

the show is on for tomorrow night. the line-up is as follows:

8 p.m. Regan
9 p.m. Drawing a Blank (that's me)
10 p.m. the Red Hot Valentines
11 p.m. Nada Surf
12 p.m. Everyone go home cause the show is over.

The show's at the courtyard cafe inside the Illini Union on Green Street in Urbana. If you are around there, go. It probably won't suck too much and I think it's only 4 bucks.

I'm very arbitrary with my capitalization.

tonight i board an amtrak train to champaign. i wish i had a lap top with a dvd player, but my books will just have to pass the time instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home