Thursday, September 06, 2001

Jen

Sorry I wanna die. Do you still wanna die? Let’s get it on.

Last night, I had some sort of relapse and started feeling sick again. I had plans to stay home and veg. Those lasted for about an hour. Then Pat called me and told me that him and Kevin were coming over and we were going to go to Schubas to see Owls (AKA Cap’n Jazz minus our beloved Davey). I, being weak when it comes to seeing new bands (Ok, fine! I don’t even need to see a band! Call me up and I’ll go out! I can’t say no!), decided that my health was not as important. So here is what I have to say about Owls.

1) The music is good. There is a lot of guitar picking involved. Sounds more experimental than Cap’n Jazz.* I ran into the extra touring band member who was holding a full pint of beer as he came out of the bathroom. This has nothing to do with the music as much as the fact that I just wanted to write it.
2) The above lyric is from one of the songs. I couldn’t get over it because I just hated it so much. What do you think? This makes me a bit indifferent to their lyrics, then again, these were the only ones that I could really understand.
3) Tim Kinsella spends WAY too much time with his hand down his pants.

I’d buy the CD.

It was cool how Owls were very interactive with the audience. One guy yelled out, “What is this song about?” “Fucking Jesus.”** Tim Kinsella replies. I can’t finish the story, because well, I’m sure you can guess why. It gets rather descriptive, but boy, it was funny. Then Tim Kinsella says to -I think- the guitarist, whose birthday was yesterday, “Is your Grandma here for your birthday?”

Did I mention that I still feel sick today?

* I am terrible at describing bands.
**Hey, I didn’t say it! I’m just quoting the damn thing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home