Friday, October 19, 2001

Jen

I’m on hold with Mercedes Benz and the music sounds like it could have been the sound track to Risky Business. Remember that movie? Back in the day when Tom Cruise was actually attractive . . .

The dog bite. Wednesday, after class, I stop by home to pick up some prints for the “Autumn Mixer.” It’s basically a social event for photo grad students so that everyone can get to know each other and their work. Anyway, I run in, get all my crap in order and then leave. My house is enclosed by a fence, which is nice for the downstairs neighbors who have two dogs. I’ve only been exposed to the black dog, which is a real sweetheart. I’ve never petted the other dog.

Ok. I’m in the yard and the black dog runs up to me. While I’m petting that dog, brown dog, which I will now refer to as hell hound, came up to me and started biting my jacket. Being the dog lover that I am, I brushed it off, thinking that it was playing. Then it grabbed my pant leg and I once again shook it off. Finally, hell hound goes for my leg again, ripping my favorite jeans and biting my leg.

The owner pulls the dog off me. My leg is bleeding and I’m in shock. That has never happened to me. I go upstairs, clean it off a bit and sit there. Marisa comes home (who is going to Loyola for nursing) takes a look and tell me to go to the emergency room, just in case. Gant says the same thing. So my wonderful sister, Shell, picks me up and I sit in the emergency for 4 hours, only to have them clean it up a bit and give me some antibiotics. My word of advice. If you want to be looked at right away in the emergency room, call 911. Much faster service. Otherwise, prepare to wait.

The owners are paying for all my expenses, which is cool. Some people can be real bitches about that stuff.

I have 3 holes in my leg from the bottom teeth, and scratches from the K-9‘s and the top four teeth. It’s swollen, bruised and hurts like a mo-fo.

I was so pissed Wednesday night and now I just feel inconvenienced. Like I don’t have three million things to do right now, and I move slower than a snail. BOO.

That’s what’s been going on. Death Cab is tonight- which I still don’t have tickets for. I told you I’m a procrastinator.

Tomorrow, Brian from my Grad classes is having a Halloween costume party. I was thinking about wearing a shirt that says “Alpo” and wear my hell hound shredded jeans. Kidding.

Have a good one, and I’ll see you Monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home