Thursday, November 01, 2001

Jen

So take a look at me now.*

I am so wicca, it isn’t even funny. Or scary.

I went to this crazy thing in Logan Square last night. I was under the impression that it was some Wiccan ceremony**, but it was basically a bunch of theater majors parading around. I made it sound bad . . . Let’s start again. I didn’t know exactly what I expected to see, but it turned out to be a number of instillation pieces and a “parade of the dead,” if you will. It was pretty cool, although most of the time I had no clue what was going on. As I told Gant, “I have to call one of my artsy friends and have them explain this to me.” It was also so crowded. I'm glad that i went out. Last night, it was so warm outside, and I would have felt like an ass if I wasted one of the last beautiful nights of the season inside. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with staying in, just my personal preference to go out.

I had a critique today that went ok. My prof still says that I may be too conceptual . . . So? The problem with that? I feel more focused now after the critique though. I’m ready to dive in head first. The first step to that is buying a scanner this weekend.

How am I going to pay for this, you ask? The downstairs neighbors finally paid me off for the dog bite. I found a check for $300 in my mailbox. My insurance covered my med bill, so really the cash is mine. So cool. But not cool in the fact that I still have a bump and will probably have a scar. Boo to that, I say.

I have tons of work piled up since I haven't been here for two days. They do pay me for something, at least I think. I wish I was paid for blogging. That would be sweet.

*See, Beck? I made a Philly Collins reference. I love Against all Odds. You know it.
**Not like I'm into that or anything, but I figured that it would be pretty amusing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home