Monday, October 29, 2001

Jen

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.*

Must type fast.

Bill is in the house today. I can tell when he is bored, because he brings up obscure references to everyday goings on in the office.

Bill: Jen, I was looking at the calendar and I noticed that every Friday, you have down that the back up tape for the computer has to be changed. Have you been taking home the copy of the tape?

What the? Anyway, every few minutes, I get some random question.

The party went well. No such disasters as expected! I do believe some, pardon my disgusting reference, “Vomit action”** happened in my bathroom, which was not too pleasant to clean up on Saturday. My house looked pretty trashed, but most importantly, it still looked pretty.

I also went to another Halloween Party on Saturday night and their house looked WAY worse then mine, so I felt better. I didn’t have “party film”*** all over everything, just mostly my floors and tables. This place had the film everywhere.

We had a visit from the cops Friday night too.**** They were super cool though.

McPorkers*****: Some assholes called and said you guys were making too much noise. We can’t even hear your party outside. Anyway, just to keep the neighbors happy, keep everyone indoors and keep the doors shut. Have fun tonight.

I’m serious. He said “assholes.” Just as the cops were leaving, the downstairs neighbors came out, which leads me to believe that the owners of hell hound called in the complaint. BOO!******

I’m worried about Beck. I haven’t heard back from her today. I hope all is going well at work.

*I know, horrible reference to song way overplayed in high school. Ah, Scooter. Wait, not that one.
**Because of this, the party can now officially be a “Rockstar party” because it fits into the rules. Now where did I put that rule list again?
*** Party Film- the layer of stickiness that covers everything after a party.
****Ah ha! Rule number two on the “Rockstar Party” list.
*****As my sister likes to call them.
******Not in a scary manner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home