Thursday, March 22, 2001

Jen


Can someone please tell me why my computer sucks? Please?

Today, I am "all purpose Jen." Janet, another person in my five person office, has a rose plant in dire need of some TLC. I'm not really sure what the name of the problem with the plant is, but these little bugs emerge from somewhere (I only say "somewhere" because I am on the 65th floor of the building next to the Sears Tower- you know, the one with the crown? and there is really no way for bugs to get up here. We saw a bug once. Barb freaked out and bitched at the office of the building. There has not been one since.) and put a layer of cobwebs (no they are not little spiders. Trust me) over the entire plant. They suck the moisture from the leaves and they dry up. So, I spent about twenty minutes removing the webs and and all the dead leaves. Then I pruned it. Do I know how to properly do this? No. What is my line of work you ask? Guess. My hint: It has absolutely nothing to do with plants.

Anyway, I then proceeded to check my on-line guide to plant care. I checked it once before because, at this moment, I am trying to revive a poinsettia plant that was given to us for the holidays. That's when my computer decided that it sucked and just stopped.

That's my morning. I have also been paging through the Office Depot catalog, aka the Big Book. I'm placing the order for the coffee maker today... anyway, here's an Office Depot related story. When I moved into my apt., Ameritech, the most evil phone company on this planet, decided that they were assholes ( I know, why does everything "Decide" to be something?) and we didn't have a phone line for two months. Sometimes I would get home and pick up the phone, just to see if there was a dail tone. Then, when I heard nothing, I would curse Ameritech for at least ten minutes and then go use my cell phone and bitch to whomever I was calling about Ameritech.

It was the day of my sisters wedding (Sept. 23, 2000!) and I got home from the night out around 3 am or so and I was pretty drunk...That's another story... and I go to pick up the phone and ah-ha! Dial tone! So, who do I call? My friends? Family? Nope. That's right, folks, I call Office Depot. It was the only freakin' number I could remember- 1-888-Go-Depot. So I listened to their voice mail.

Becky- just wanted to let you know that I had some yum- girl scout cookies (made from real girl scouts!) this morning too. Now, I'm going to eat lunch. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home