Monday, May 07, 2001

Jen

4 days and counting until the Plan show! Who’s excited?

Here is quick-as-possible run down of the GRADUTAION weekend:

Friday night: Ken and Pat W.’s senior gallery show. Free alcohol and cool photos. Good work everyone! I saw a lot of people who I haven’t seen in ages. Plus, Ken surprised me with a little present. Besides his self-portrait, he had two framed Polaroids that he took of me up as well. He untitled the piece “pre-mid life crisis” due to how I freak out over certain things and also, they kinda looked like it too. One time we took the Polaroid to Ikea and set up shots of us (kinda like how I did for my senior show at UIC). I pretended to be drunk at the kitchen table. Ken was watering plants. Anyway, he put that one up and this other one, which would take way too long to explain. I know, I said “quick-as-possible!” Ok- later, went to Danny’s. I don’t know if you’ve ever been there, but it is the first floor of a house turned into a bar. Very cool. Then went to Pat’s and went to bed.

Saturday: Woke up very late. Went home, took shower, grabbed my robe, etc. and went back to school. Hung out with all my buddies before graduation. We all took a swig of rum from Frank’s flask (are you a reader now, Frank?) and then it was time! Here’s my opinion of the ceremony: 1) The speakers all sucked. All they did was talk about themselves. I was expecting something a bit more motivational. 2) I realized that I didn’t know a lot of people in the art and architecture department. At least I got to sit next to Kevin, Frank, Pat W. and Ken. 3) UIC is very disorganized. Finally 4) If I hadn’t spelled out my name phonetically on my card, they would have never said my last name right. We all got card that we gave to the speaker just before walking on stage. I realized that there was no way in hell he’d get it right, so I used Ken’s pen and Pat’s back and wrote “pronounced Cha-now-ski.” It worked. Too bad they said my middle name was Louis in the program.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home