Thursday, May 03, 2001

Jen

Sorry for the late blog. Bill is leaving for Washing DC on Saturday, and I’m arranging his meetings with Senator Durbin and Senator Fitzgerald. It’s taking me forever to get all the groups organized that will be meeting with the Senators and there is this one guy, who is meeting with state representative, Judy Biggert, who won’t e-mail me back because he’s a hole. Ok, so I don’t really know if he’s a hole or not, but three other people want to go with him on this meeting. Hint five about my job: It has nothing to do with politics.

Band of the Month for April: Smoking Popes.

I found the Popes live disk used at my favorite, little Record Emporium down the street from me. Greg and I were lucky to be in attendance at the last Popes show at the Metro where/when this was recorded. We were right near the stage too, so I swear you can hear us (ok, not really, but I like to imagine it was us.) Here is a recap of an interesting moment at the show.
Josh: Here’s is my favorite song, you may know it.
Crowd plus Greg and Jen: Screams. (we didn’t say the word screams, we just screamed- get it?)
Josh: It’s about a relationship, my relationship with Jesus.
Crowd: Screams.
Jen and Greg: Huh?
Josh: Right on.

I may have paraphrased a little bit, but this whole speech is on the CD right before he played, “I know you love me,” off Destination Failure. He did actually say “right on.” I believe that we were very freaked out and confused. Ever since then, I’ve been wondering what other songs are about Jesus. I know I can’t ever listen to that song without thinking about that. Greg, what’s your take on the night?

Anyway, the cover of “Ramblin’ Rose” is excellent, and the song “Stars” kicks my ass. Go Smoking Popes.