Friday, June 01, 2001

Jen

Why do random people talk to me? I mean, sometimes, it’s really cool and I meet cool people. Other times it is like this:

Let me set the scene. Two people enter the elevator.
Guy, looking at me, trying to initiate conversation.
Me, trying to look busy.

Guy: So you’re on the 65th floor.
Me: (Thinking to myself, Shit! He's talking to me!)Yeah.
Guy: I’ve always wondered what up there. So, what is that big white thing on top of this building?
Me: You mean the Crown*?
Guy: Yeah, what’s it like?**
Me: It’s probably 20 feet or so above our floor. It’s not like my desk is next to it or anything like that.
Guy: Oh. . . yeah.

*The crown is the large lighted structure at the top of my building- you know, the one next to the Sears Tower.
**You know how your teachers used to say there is never a stupid question? Well, they are wrong. That was a stupid question.

Becky and Greg, remember the Taste of Chicago last year where that guy kept trying to touch my leg and I had to shoo him away like a dog? That folks, is the story of my life.

PS. VOTE FOR LIME! VOTE FOR LIME!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home