Tuesday, July 31, 2001

Jen

George W. Bush broke a campaign promise to:*
a)keep his mind on his money and his money on his mind
b)build a second, more lifelike Laura Bush robot
c)bring troops home from Kosovo
d)visit all 66 states
e)make Jeb Bush Minister of Noogies

This question is from the News Quiz portion of Time. This is why I love that magazine.

I have ants. In my kitchen. Ugh. It just added to some other minor apartment related stresses. I had to call Crazy Old Ernie this morning and ask him what to do about our little problem. I think I was on the phone with him for 15 minutes, while he told me everything from how to kill mice to our new downstairs neighbors, then finally he told me to get ant spray from Jewel. I could have told myself that. Anyway, he’ll reimburse me for the bug stuff, and if we have any more problems, he’ll call in the Orkin man.

Speaking of pests, I’m sure you have all seen things on the news about this new computer virus called the worm, which will attack sometime tonight. It attacks servers (especially those running on Windows NT) and slows down internet usage. So, I’m watching this report, and I all I can think about is: “what if I can’t get to the blogs and my hotmail?” So, I ask Pat, who knows much more about computers than I, “Do you think this will affect our computers at work?”** See, I tried to make it sound like I care about work, but all I’m really thinking about is Blog and e-mail. Then my next thought to myself was, “Oh my god, I am a computer nerd!”

Becky, I don’t think that reading books from Oprah’s book club is a problem. The problem starts when you start watching the show non-stop, actually going to Oprah Book Club meetings and limit your reading to women-empowerment books only. That’s a problem.

*The answer is "c" for those curious.
**His answer was not to worry, it’s just going to slow things down a bit. Slow down! I get pissed when I go to my parent’s house and use a 56K modem when here at work, I have a DSL line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home