Wednesday, August 01, 2001

Jen

I’m on my feet, I’m on the floor, I’m good to go.

I was good to go this morning, until the stupid machine told me I had no money on my L card when I knew I just put ten bucks on it last night. So, I’m sitting on the L, reenacting the scene in my head from yesterday and then I realized what a moron I am. This is what I think happened: I put the card in, and put in a ten. I hear an L approach in the subway. I look to the screen and vaguely make out what I think says $11.50, press “vend” quickly and run to catch the L. What I think actually happened was the stupid machine spat out my ten because it wasn’t good enough. I already had $1.50 left on my card. When I looked at the screen, I must have misread $1.50 for $11.50. I figured the machine took my cash and I was good to go. I did not check to see if my $10 was returned. I did not pass go or collect $200.

Did I mention how hot it was outside and that my perception of the world was askew?

I’m still in a great mood though, although I’m sure who ever took my ten is in a better mood. A good day is needed for all of OK, because yesterday was a crappy work day. How are you guys today?