Wednesday, September 12, 2001

Becky

It's wierd to live through a day that you know will go down in history and not for anything good.

Today I had to write up a few reports on some tests we did yesterday and it felt wrong putting that date on them-its like they didn't deserve to be done on that date. but life goes on and if we let this ruin us that they have done more damage than they expected.

Last year I was in Israel for 10 days on a trip around the country. The wierd part is that I wasn't scared at all-everything seemed fine there, I mean there was alot of security in the airport and I saw alot more people walking around with guns that I ever had in my life, but I didn't feel like I was in danger or that people really hated me as much as I knew they did-muslims, jews and christians alike-alot of them hate americans no matter what faith you are. I would never go to Israel after this. I would be too scared.

Israel was set up to be a homeland and it seems that all thats come of it is destruction. At Passover you are always supposed to say "next year in Jerusalem" because a seder is never "right" unless it is in the holyland. but why? why do we need be in a certain land to practice our faith? doesn't that go against what "faith" really is?

hows that for makin a statement, huh? yeah, I can get personal so watch out.

ps-please don't cancel the jimmy/hey may shows! we need music to keep us going!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home