Friday, September 14, 2001

Jen

Out of these shadows, comes the light.

Before our world was turned upside down, I had plans to talk about all these things on Tuesday morning. I wanted to talk about the Cubs game this blog went to on Monday. I’m not bad luck after all, because we won (ok only 50% bad luck.) Then there was an usher, by the name of Snaggletooth, who was trying to pick up the two tannest girls in the city of Chicago. Some fat head spilled my beer and I was pissed. All of this feels like ages ago.

We also decided on out Artist/Band of the Month for August. Usually, I go more in depth about why and how things are picked, but like I said before, it just seems so unimportant. However, we can only postpone things for so long, right?

Beck and I went on a CD buying excursion a few months ago and instead of buying stuff we already knew, we decided to pick up stuff that seemed interesting to us. I bought Spoon-Girls Can Tell and Becky picked up Rufus Wainright. Although we had big plans of exchanging CDs, it never happened (although a mix CD is on the way for Becky- as soon as I get that damn computer from my parents.)

For my birthday, I got a cool mix tape from Beck and right after Back to Back Hits of Blondie and Pat Benatar (bring it on, Pat!), there were a selection of songs from Rufus. His voice is incredible, the way it just floats over the melody. We couldn’t think of a better artist for August.

Ok plus three Artist of the Month for August: Rufus Wainwright.

That made me feel good.

Tonight is the Jimmy/Hey Mercedes show up in Madison, which is another blog excursion. I am so happy they didn’t cancel! We need that show!

I hope everyone has the best weekend possible. See your family, see your friends. Tell them how much you appreciate them.

PS. The above lyric is from the song Shadows by Rufus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home