Friday, September 14, 2001

Jen

Americans Show Unity Against Terrorism - Friday, Sept. 14, 2001

Friday Night at 7:00 p.m. step out your door, stop your car, or step out of your establishment and light a candle. We will show the world that Americans are strong and united together against terrorism. Please pass this to everyone on your e-mail list. We need to reach everyone across the United States quickly. The message: WE STAND UNITED - WE WILL NOT TOLERATE TERRORISM! Thank you. We need press to cover this - we need the world to see.


I got this e-mail this morning. I feel as if we have already become more united as a country due to what has happened. Well, in some ways we have, I guess, not so much in others. Anyway, I think us Ok bloggers may be out in the middle of nowhere or in the car at that time, but we should stop.

I’m sure that everyone heard this news already, but I think it’s just amazing that 9 (I think) more terrorists were arrested before they could board transcontinental airplanes. Can you even believe that? The fact that they thought they could get away with it again! My god.

I feel exhausted thinking about it. Last night, Pat came over and we watched the everlasting footage that goes on and on through the night. We feel asleep with the TV on and when I woke up at 7 this morning, it was still going on. We can even hear it in our sleep.

I want to write about other things, but I feel so trite doing so. So I apologize for changing the subject for the next post today. I think everyone can use a little break. Don’t you think so?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home