Thursday, September 13, 2001

Jen

I don’t know what to write.

I’ve been out of work for the past two days; two days that seem so unreal. On Tuesday morning, I only turned on the TV to see the forecast. Instead, my eyes were bombarded by some of the most horrible footage ever imaginable. I will always remember what I was doing, what I was wearing . . . and then coming downtown only to be ushered back home almost the second I stepped off the L. Then only to come home to see both towers, the same towers that stood untouched just hours earlier, collapse and forever change our history.

There is a reel of film footage in my head that plays almost as often as what we see on television. All I can think of is all those people that died so needlessly and the terror they must have gone through during the last minutes of their lives. And how lucky I am that my world keeps on going and more importantly, that everyone I know and love is safe.

My friend Brian said something like this to me - The country that you went to bed knowing last night is not the same one that you know and will go to bed with tonight. How true.

All of my thoughts go out to the people of New York and to anyone who knew, loved or cared about any of the victims. My heart is with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home