Friday, October 26, 2001

Jen

Oh no, disaster.

My house is so dirty. Gant has two friends over and boy, are they messy! It’s just that Gant is so neat. He’s spoiled me.

I’m a bit worried about the party tonight. There is so much to get done and I still need the finishing touches for my costume. I always do this before parties. I get myself all worked up because I think it’s going to suck. I don’t know why I feel like I have to be “super host.”

I went to this one party thrown by a good friend of mine. It sucked. It was so boring and he charged us for drinks. Boo for charging your friends money for drinks. Anyway, my goal is to never have anyone walk away from one of my parties like I walked away from that party; a broken and bitter woman. Kidding about the last part.

We carved pumpkins last night and they do look good. Becky and Greg graduated with high honors from my school of pumpkin carving.

I was on the L the other day* and there was the strangest woman on it. She was dressed pretty nice, so I would never had expected her to do this. First of all, she spent way too much time trying to tie this plastic bag. She didn’t get it the way she wanted it the first time, so she retied it again and again. So finally, she gets the bag tied, but she uses her teeth to tighten it. I’m talking, full on teeth action.

She is wearing these knee high boot over jeans** and she takes them off, one at a time, and fixes her socks. Right on this crowded L. I see people laughing, and others, like me, are trying to look busy, because this is an obviously uncomfortable sight. Nothing can top the next part. She stands up, faces the seat and proceeds to unzip her pants and retuck in her shirt. These two guys next to me, who happened to be foreign, began laughing and saying things that I couldn’t understand. If I could translate, I would guess that they would say:

Guy 1: What the hell is she doing?
Guy 2: She-boop-see, she-boop-see. ***

*I’m writing this like I never take the L or something, even though I’m on it every day.
** I should have guessed that this was a little weird anyway. Who wears boots like that over jeans?
*** The only person who might find this funny is Becky, and maybe Greg. I don’t like writing inside jokes on this blog, but really. Think of someone answering a question with she-boop-see, she-boop-see. That is pretty funny. Even translating it from a foreign language to English is also pretty funny. Ok, ok. Overkill, I know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home