Monday, November 05, 2001

Jen

I live in a small town. . .

Z and M, if you are reading, put me down for Indiana. I was just there on Saturday, and it was enough to make me not want to go back.

We’re in Valpo, unsuccessfully trying to locate Laporte Avenue and decide to pull over and ask for directions. So I ask this couple and they look utterly confused, as if I was making up some stupid Indiana street name. They call their friend over and I ask the same question. She says, “Gosh, I don’t know where that is.” Do you live here or not? Then she says, “Maybe we should ask a police officer.” and proceeds to wave one over. Once again, we ask about Laporte Street and he also looks confused. By this time, we have half of Valpo trying to figure out where Laporte is. I look at the directions again, find out that it’s avenue and not street, and ask again. “Oh, Laporte Avenue!” like it makes all the difference in the world. It turns out the hospital is also on Laporte, and it makes me wonder how anyone receives medical attention if they don’t know where that street is. Imagine the EMS people driving around: “Laporte?! Where the hell is that?”

The show rocked Saturday night, although I was not too interested in the other bands. The boys were really tight, even though Madigan’s bass amp blew out. We also discussed CD plans and everything looks like it is coming together. Excellent.

Then, like a bunch of teenagers, we snuck alcohol into the hotel where the band was staying. Now, that was fun. I had some “sax on the beach” in Greg’s honor. It’s a real drink by Bacardi. Go figure.

I got my new scanner! Pat and I spent too much time at Best Buy Friday night, looking at everything from scanners to headphones. I’m pretty excited about my new purchase. It will make working on the DAB CD and my new idea for my photo project that much easier.

After lunch, I’ll go over the band picks by this blog. I’ll also be the only one blogging today due to the fact that Beck and Greg are off from work doing who knows what. Everyone needs a day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home