Monday, November 19, 2001

Jen

Was it worth the wait?

So, what did you do this weekend?

Yes, I did go to Superchunk. This is what I think. If you went to the show knowing that their newer stuff is a bit mellower than their old stuff, and that you probably won’t rock out like you did last time, then you will not be disappointed. Unfortunately, I was not thinking this. I’m not saying it was a bad show, because it was good. It just wasn’t what I expected. Here are 3 tidbits from the show.
1) There is a new addition to the band- she may just be touring with them, I don’t know. Anyway, she plays an electric acoustic. I like it.
2) Don’t stand next to people that you don’t necessarily like even if your boyfriend does. Especially bitter ones that don’t even clap after songs and repeatedly call the show lame. Boo to those kind of people.
3) I knew there was rock in them yet! Leave it to Superchunk to do a full-on rock out cover of Born to Run, by the Boss. They invited all the folks backstage to come and dance on stage while they played. To quote Greg: “Rocktastic!”

I’m back at work this fine, but chilly Monday. I have a huge stack of papers to file on my desk. If only they* knew about the stack hidden in my desk drawer . . . Tee-hee.

I am completely and utterly looking forward to a three day work/school week. It’s about time for a holiday! Remember when you were in Grammar school? You’d get holidays like Columbus Day and Pulaski Day off from school. Now, I’m thankful that I don’t have to work on New Years Eve.

*Meaning, boss, other people in this office, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home