Friday, December 14, 2001

Jen

I get up at 5am so I don't need those dreams that I used to have*

Actually, I get up around 7:20 in the morning. I think Beck wakes up around then.

So yeah, I’m forgetful. Anyway, I like to post our Band/Artist of the Month near the beginning of the month, not when it’s already half over. Part of the lateness is due to the fact that I like to discuss these things with the other 2 of us. Greg was too busy whispering about us at the other end of the table last night, so Becky and I decided.

We think Change is good. Actually even better than good.

They are the only band to ever make it on our list twice.

November Band of the Month: The Dismemberment Plan

I was going to tell a little story about when we saw them at the Empty Bottle last year when they first made it on the list, but uh, I was drunk. Probably best to just leave it at that.

Here is the list of past bands for you reading plasure.**

July: No Doubt
August: Hey Mercedes
September: Radiohead
October: Modest Mouse
November: The Dismemberment Plan
December: The Sea and Cake
January: Built to Spill
February: Hagfish
March: Death Cab for Cutie
April: Smoking Popes
May: Pat Benetar
June: Travis
July: Jimmy Eat World
August: Rufus Wainwright
September: Guns 'n' Roses
October: Coldplay


*Today's song quote is from Following Through, by the Plan off of Change
**Here is my normal spiel regarding our picks: These bands were chosen due to heavy rotation in our minds, hearts and CD players. Mind you, Band of the Month does not necessarily mean the band just put out a disc or they are playing a show. Also, a band may appear twice on the list, like this month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home