Monday, December 10, 2001

Jen

I’m on the highway to hell.*

I think Becky and I went crazy at the Gap. How can you resist 15% off on top of merchandise that is already on sale?

The weekend always seems too short. I swear I was just here (work) . . .

Anywho, Becky is usually the one with the car adventures (aka, tire to windshield, window not working, brakes not working, etc.), but it was me this weekend.

Yeah, so I’m driving down the Kennedy, and the next thing you know, I hear a pop, a squeal, all sorts of weird noises. I can hear something dragging under my car. Then it stops. So I think that maybe I caught a piece of something under my car. Then it starts again, and then stops. I look in my rearview mirror only to see cars that were once trailing me, back off and change lanes. So, I pull over. I look under the car to see a piece of metal, still attached to my car, also touching the ground. I make a couple of calls, one to Pat and one to Pawel (my sis’s husband) and both tell me the same thing; it’s a heat shield that really isn’t super necessary. I try to kick it off my car; I also try to pull it off, no such luck. That means I have to drive with it on and either hope I make it to my destination with it on or have it fall off.

This freaks me out for two reasons: 1) if the piece comes off, what if it get me or someone else into an accident and 2) I just found out on Saturday, that I no longer have health insurance. Yeah, if something happens, I’m screwed.

Back on the road, I hear scraping, I smell burning (tastes like . . . burning) and cars are once again moving away from me. And then it’s gone. It just falls off.

Yeah, I’m fine. It scared the hell out of me though.

*Nothing like a little ACDC to start your week off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home