Friday, September 20, 2002

Jen

So why you'd have to change?

Or have you always been this way. . .

Last night, my X - that sounds so negative. I'd rather say a past love of mine - stopped by to pick up the remaining artifacts of our relationship. Although we ended sometime at the end of April, it really has taken us both sometime for closure. For awhile after the breakup, he tried to convince me that he had gone through some miraculous change - one that, if I took him back, I would see immediately and that our relationship would be what it should have been for the past two years or so. I was almost convinced at points; he really seemed so sincere. Then last night, although it may have been out of bitterness because of the whole situation, he proved that he was the same old person. He seemed to not care about my questions of how he was and how I desperately was trying to help him move his furniture out of his storage. Not because I wanted to get it over with, but because I just wanted to be helpful . . . Anyway, I was hurt by how he said goodbye. I know I shouldn't expect much, but I guess I did.

Sorry about this. Really. It's just still bothering me.

I felt pretty shitty yesterday too. There's something about airplanes . . . All those people and their germs. I know this makes me sound like a hypochondriac but I always get sick after vacations. It really does suck.

Work has been fairly tame as well; my conditioning expertise will not be needed until the afternoon, so this morning I figured that I could catch up on e-mail and the blog.

I hate recapping vacations so long after they have happened so I won't. I will tell you 5 things that rule about California and then call it a day.
1) Santa Monica- it is an altogether beautiful city. If you haven't been there, make a trip next time you are in LA. The beach is fantastic.
2) Big Sur - Not only is it a Jack Kerouac book that I have not yet tackled, but a really fantastic part of the west coast. I was a little car sick (I'm from the great plains!!! We have no hills!), but at least it kept my nose out of the Lonely Planet California book and eyes on the scenery.
3) North Beach. What a great area of San Francisco. Besides all of the cool "beat" areas to visit, is has a nice ambiance to it.
4) Alcatraz. Take the audio tour. It's worth it.
5) The Mission - (a little area of San Fran) I was a little unsure about putting this in the top five, so we will just call this the psuedo number 5 for now. Anyway, I had a great time going to all those cool bars and hanging out with three of my favorite people. And I did a headstand (go yoga!) on the BART home. It was a fun, fun night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home