Sunday, December 07, 2003

Mike
Blasts from the past and other unexpected run-ins

A short list of people I ran into unexpectedly on Friday night:
- Jen (Crapple)
- Nathan (Crapple)
- my brother Brian (Crapple)
- Francis, college roommate/high school classmate (Schoolyard Tavern)
- Adam, downstairs neighbor from junior year of college (Schoolyard Tavern)
- Scott, elementary school classmate (Schoolyard Tavern)

I have now met my "random encounter" quota for the next 7 years.

Sorry I couldn't stick around at Crapple for a while, Jen, but I was already running way too late when I headed out the door. I should have told my brother to act as my stand-in. Schoolyard Tavern wasn't that great - the backroom (where the party was going on) was mostly filled with old friends, but it was much too crowded and the music generally sucked (I'm looking at you, John Mayer). The only high point of the party was when "Hey Ya!" came on. Hip-hop single of the millennium? I think so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home