Friday, November 21, 2003

Mike

Ain't too proud to beg
I urge all readers and writers of this blog to watch Arrested Development on FOX every Sunday. It's a very funny, well-written show with no laugh track (AMEN!). Because it's a very funny, well-written show, the ratings are terrible. Apparently most TV watchers in the US can only handle lowest common denominator tripe like Becker, so quality programs like Undeclared that occasionally (gasp!) challenge the viewer and make them think a little die a quick death. Andy Richter and his show have already been screwed, and I don't want the same to happen to 80s icon Jason Bateman. It honestly amazes me that a good program with a fairly large marketing campaign behind it, airing on a major network during their most popular night of the week, is doing poorly. Do people actually enjoy shows like Good Morning, Miami and Hope & Faith? I don't get worked up very often, but this makes me angry.

So, did the weekly Fizz outing fail to happen again this week? I didn't hear anything, but didn't bother to call anyone because I was sick and not about to go out for a few drinks. I'm still sick, but staying home from work today made me feel a little better.

Mike's terrible joke of the week:
Why don't hipsters ever become karate masters? Because they can never get past the white belt!!!

Thank you! I'll be here all week, coughing up phlegm and drinking gallon after gallon of orange juice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home