Thursday, March 04, 2004

Mike

Flies the size of cigarette packs/I tried to pay with Camel bucks

I hope you're having fun in England, Jen, although it may be a little late to be saying that. I'm having fun with my unemployment, staying up until 4 or later every night/morning, and sending out tons of resumes. Accountemps came *this close* to offering me a job yesterday, but basically said "Psyche!" at the last second (bastards!). My "friend" Corey (not to be confused with the good Corey) from my bowling team moved to Peoria without really telling anyone, leaving us with an open spot for the next few months. Hopefully my friend Carrie can fill in. It's always nice of people to not pay their league dues for weeks and weeks, and then decide to leave the city permanently. Really, it's great. Other than that, everything's good in the hood. I had this amazing dream a few nights ago that involved my high school track coach and a Twizzers factory, but I don't remember how it ended. I broke my "no CD or alcohol purchases until I find a job" vow yesterday by picking up the new 90 Day Men album and a sixer of Amstel Light. Both are quite tasty. Hopefully all of you employed people out there are enjoying your paychecks. While you're busy sweatin' for the man, I'm busy boosting the sagging "Texas Justice" and "The View"* ratings. We all have our little roles in life.

* I don't actually watch "The View." I'm not up that early in the morning, silly. Besides, they never give enough screen time to Star Jones.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home