Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Mike

Thank you Mr. Bingo! Thank you very much!

I think my new blogging trend will be to post lyrics to songs that almost no one will know. Then I'll follow that up by never identifying the group or song name. Let the fun begin NOW!

Gather 'round, it's Uncle Mike's story time!
I was chatting/flirting with a cute friend of my friend Carrie a few weekends back at Crapple, and everyone was getting good and drunk. As the night progressed, I felt like I had seen this girl somewhere before. She said that she just recently moved to the area from Texas, but I still felt like maybe we had talked before or I had noticed her at another bar in the area. I didn't bust out the ultra cheesy "Do you come here often?" or any similar lines to find out if my feelings were valid, so I just decided to forget about it and instead watch Matt win a giant inflatable caterpillar. When I got home, I Googled cute girl's name.

This is what I found.

She was in a freakin' Apple commercial, and I remember developing a brief pseudo-celebrity crush on her when the commercial aired. She never returned my calls last week, but at least I'll always have the memories of nearly dating someone who was only a few steps away from achieving the sort of success that "the Dell guy" or "the Encyclopedia Britannica kid" had. Me dating a celebrity of any kind would have created a rip in the fabric of time, anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home