Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Jen

Ping pong Wednesday, needlework on Thursday, dancing on a Friday night.
-The Darkness

1 day and some odd hours and counting, I will have sold my first item on ebay. So exciting.

We started taking down the show here at work and it's given me little time to check the blog or write. I had a nice weekend, and wanted to comment on the fact that I saw Duvall at the (lick my) Bottom Lounge on Saturday and got a chance to speak to Josh Caterer even if it was very brief. I felt like a huge stalker when I commented that I couldn't imagine parts of my life without Smoking Popes songs in them (ahem, the song lyrics from my last blog are from the song "Before I'm Gone" by the popes, if you are that curious*) and all he really said was "Cool." Either way, it was a nice night.

It looks like a whole bunch of us are trying to go to Hogs'n Honeys tonight because my friend Byron, is going to ride the mechanical bull and the are $1 you-call-its all night. You just have to request nice liquor or you end up with the stuff out of the plastic bottle.

Ah, yes. I just bought tickets to see this band because they are hilarious. If you are interested, apparently the folks in Milwaukee are not as interested in seeing this band as in Chicago, and you can still get tickets for the show at The Rave. I can't explain why I like them except that I think that their live show is going to be hilarious. Seriously - the lead singer likes to wear tight jumpsuits. And look at the lyrics above! What's not great about a band that mentions needlework in a song?

*Mike, if you are talking about how I always quote songs but rarely give the artist, I apologize. I never say who writes the songs lyrics because it's more about the song lines and how I am feeling at the moment then the artist who wrote them. I can change my ways if you are curious who I am thinking about at the moment. : (

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home