Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So much blogging last Thursday that I had to take a week off. Phew.

A woman walked into the gallery and told me that someone left their cell phone on the stairs that lead up to our front door. I was genuinely surprised considering she was the first guest of the day. I went downstairs to locate the lost cell phone and couldn’t find anything except our door stop, which I guess could resemble a crappy rubbery looking cell phone if you smear vasoline all over your eyes. On her way out she yelled up the stairs “Don’t forget about the cell phone down here!” Once again, nothing but a door stop. Get some glasses, lady.

I was totally and utterly shocked to get a phone call from my dear friend, Ken, who lives in Tokyo. I didn’t recognize the 10 digit number on my caller ID, but decided to take a chance and answer. It was so strange to hear Ken’s voice on the end of the line. Anyway, it was 9pm here in Los Angeles, and 1pm the next day in Tokyo. I asked Ken if there was anything exciting going on in the future and he said “not much.” I thought that was funny. This is the first time that I’ve received a foreign call on my celly, and to tell you the truth, I’m still a little scared about my bill. You never know if there would be hidden charges for that kind of call even though we were only on the phone for about 10 minutes (he was on his lunch break.) It was so great to get such an amazing expected call though, and hopefully, a free one too.

Matt and I attempted to take the hog all the way to Cornell, which is just east of Malibu, to go to this restaurant/biker hang out called The Rock Store. I had on all my gear, which makes you VERY hot if the temp is over 75 degrees. Hmmm. I think it was over 80 on Sunday. I felt like I was going to pass out on the back of the bike, especially when we were stuck in traffic on the PCH. Ugh. We try the Rock Store again when it’s cooler.

Not too much else going on. I need a vacation. Enough said.

1 Comments:

Blogger becky said...

over 80, huh? I'm not sure that I remember what that feels like... :)

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home