Friday, March 23, 2001

J-Rock (as Chris used to call me)


Back to "Rockstar Saturday!" It all started on St.Patty's Day where Greg and I decided we wanted to "party like rockstars" this coming Saturday, well, just because. We had a plan to start drinking at my place and move to Fizz Bar and Grill. So, we asked Tim if he wanted to join us and the deal was done. On Wednesday, we were alerted by Tim that he won a free party at Bar Chicago. Here is the e-mail:

"Howdy folks! Ladies, I hope you got yer black pants and tube tops ready, and gentlemen, it's time to break out the cargo pants, 'cause I won a free party at Bar Chicago (9 West Division)! And if you don't know about Bar Chicago, now you do.
So anyway, here's the deal...
Anybody who goes to Bar Chicago and says, "That bastard Tim McAtee made me come," this Saturday night between the hours of 8:30 and 10:30 pm get free entry and booze until 10:30. Now here's what I want you to do: Send this out to everyone you know, and have them send it out to everyone they know, and so on and so forth. I want Bar Chicago to rue the day they ever heard of me. For the friends of friends reading this, the name is pronounced Mack-uh-tee (I don't know why, it just is). See you there!
Tim"

Anyway, free drinks for two hours is nearly impossible to pass up. On Wednesday night Sushi, Tim said he wanted the six degrees of separation of him to show up. So, being the good friend that I am, I am spreading the word! Hope we see you all (our now three readers!) there!

I'd like to discuss the phrase "party like rockstars" for a moment. Greg has been saying the phrase forever, but it wasn't until my annual-kick-ass-day-after-Thanksgiving Party that the rules for "partying like a rockstar" came about. My friend, Jonathan (from Newcastle, England!) and I were discussing what would make it a "rockstar" party. Here are the ingredients:
1) Vomit (or someone puking, which is acceptable as well)
2) An emergency vehicle/cop visit
and finally,
3) Kissing on the stairs.(we then changed it to just kissing, but when stating the list, it sounds better this way)

Greg- on Wednesday night, didn't you come up with a fourth to add to the list? I think so, and I think it was good too. Do you remember it?

Ok, two more hours of work until the official "Rockstar weekend" begins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home