Monday, March 26, 2001

Jen


I'm back- and after doing lots of work- or at least trying to look like I am doing lots of work.

So, the Oscars! I think that Zach covered things really well, but I’d like to add a few things…

I had the pleasure of viewing the whole affair with my step-dad. He made many comments about Bjork’s swan dress, all of which I found very humorous. He was pretty upset that Tom Hanks did not win anything for Castaway. Ted pointed out that the man did gain and lose an excess amount of weight for the role. I had to comment on the fact that the Ocars are not about weight gain and loss as much as they are for acting. If weight was the object of the Oscars, Oprah would have many.

I will say that we (meaning Ted and I) were very pleased with Steve Martin as host. I honestly will say that I love that man.

Ahh… but here is my first problem with awards given. If you have been reading, you probably know who I will talk about now. Russell Crowe should NOT have won best actor. I know that there are people out there that like Gladiator, but please. We all know that there are much better actors and movies. It could be that I have a personal vengeance against him. During my search to locate an article about his planned kidnapping, I located a site that makes no sense to me. Although this has nothing to do with the Oscars, I had to put it in the blog anyway.

Before I talk about best picture, I think I need to set the stage first. Last Sunday, I finally saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Now, I’m probably alone in this world when saying this, and I’ll probably receive tons of hate mail, but I honestly didn’t think that it was all it was hyped up to be. I found it extremely beautiful to watch, and the fight scenes were awesome, but I didn’t think the story had much purpose. I also thought that the amount of flying was ridiculous. There is an article in the Sun Times(crap newspaper) that supports my ideas, but I can't find it yet. When I do, I will post it. Anyway, here is a question me and my friends posed: If Jen (!) needed to get the medicine for Li Mu Bai so bad, why didn’t she fly back to the complex instead of take the horse?

Anyway, back to the Oscars. Did anyone find it odd that CTHD was nominated for best Foreign Film and also best
Picture? My theory is that the “academy” made CTHD win as best foreign film so that dumb-ass Gladiator could win best picture. Does anyone agree?

Ok, enough about that. Greg, what did you do after we separated Saturday night? (really Sunday morning- it was like 3 am or so?) Just curious. What was your take on the evening?

I’ll be back, again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home