Tuesday, June 19, 2001

Jen

I hate the brown line. No matter how freakin’ early I get on the L, I still get to work late. There was a good month or so where I was on time nearly everyday. Now, even when I make the effort to catch an earlier train, I still get here late. What’s going on?

That kinda put me in a shitty mood, only because I really have been making an effort and I still get here late. I’m fairly sure that no one believes me when I come in and bitch about the train. I need a different job . . .

I was paging through Time this morning and there was a short on new words being added to the Oxford English Dictionary. Anyway, the word “Doh!,” from our beloved Simpsons, is in the new edition. It is defined as “expressing frustration at the realization that things have turned out badly or not as planned.” How cool is that? Other words added are phat, homie and six pack*.

So as to me being late, yet again. Doh!

Last night I took Zach** to the Wicker Park area and showed him around some. Then we went out for a few beers at JT Collins. It was cool to hang out and get to know him a bit better.

*Six pack- referring to well developed abdominal muscles, not a six pack of beer as I thought when I first saw it.
**My kinda new roommate from California (not Zach from Panaphobic). He’ll be moving out in a short while with some friends of his that are also moving here from California.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home