Friday, June 15, 2001

Jen

I’m sneaking in a quickie today. I doubt I’ll be able to blog later.

Thanks man for letting me know about that ABBA cover, although I am pretty positive the sucky cover I heard on XRT was not by them. This cover of Dancing Queen sounded like a marching band was playing in the background and this older guy was singing. Wait, did I mention how much the cover sucked? Well, it sucked.

Can we still put the A Teens on the Worst Bands/Artist List? Is that cool with you? I vaguely remember them from my time in England and basically, their ABBA covers sound almost exactly like the original. Tell me what the point of a cover is if it sounds exactly the same?

Just heard another sucky song by Matchbox 20. Why is Rob Thomas always lonely or afraid? Poor guy.*

This morning, when I was looking at the show list for the Double Door, I noticed that the Frogs are playing**. I’m not a fan or anything, but as soon as I saw their name, I got that song, “got you where I want you,” in my head. There is only one song*** that gets other songs out of my head. Unfortunately, it then sticks in my head when it replaces the other song. I can’t even say it because then I’ll be humming it all day. Crap. I guess “I’ve got you where I want you.”

*Unbelievably sarcastic.
**They happen to be playing with my friend, Nathan's, brother's band (you got it?) Woolworthy. Please support local music.
***Yes, it is a theme song to an 80's cartoon. But I love it, love it, love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home