Monday, June 18, 2001

Jen

*I swear, I’m such a girl.

Last night, when I was washing my car** at my P’s, I missed a call on my cell phone from my friend Peter. Peter and I became friends my senior year at high school. My parents consider Peter as one of their kids, and I kinda think of him as my goofy*** brother. He even lived at my house when he had some trouble with his parents. I remember coming home from a night out to find Peter at my house talking to my step-dad, and it never seemed odd.

We spent some time at UIC together when we both went there, but then he transferred and I saw less and less of him. We only talk every month or so, now, probably because we both have different schedules.****

So, the phone call: I go to check the voicemails that I missed, and there is one from Peter. “I have to whisper because Julie is in the other room. I bought it, and you know what it means. Call me tomorrow.”

Julie is Peter’s longtime girlfriend. So, I already know what it is, but I don’t want to say anything to my parents until I know the story.

Of course, I had to talk to Peter today to confirm what it was. On this coming Thursday, Julie’s birthday, Peter is going to propose. He even asked Julie’s parents first. So, he tells how he’s going to do it, and seriously, I start to cry.* Not balling or anything like that, but sniffles and watery eyes. It’s just so sweet.

Wednesday, we are going to get Julie a birthday present, and hopefully, I’ll be able to get a new duvet cover from Ikea, although this is not related to the story.

I already know which of my friends are going to get married next, although I am not putting them under any pressure.*****


**Yes, I know it rained last night, but my car was so dirty.
***I mean this in the most lovingly way possible.
****I believe all this background is necessary to explain why I am such a girl.
*****Did I mention that I love weddings?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home