Monday, June 25, 2001

Jen

I thought I was done with this crushlink business. Who’s sending them? I hope you know I’ve given up. I just don’t care anymore. So there.

What a good weekend! You know what would have made it even better? Monday off from work. Or having my weekend start on Wednesday. That would have been pretty cool too.

Friday night’s BBQ turned out very well. I thank everyone who made the effort to sit in the tent for me. I also thank everyone who brought stuff, especially B & G for helping me out so much and basically, all the time. It also would have been cool if these two showed up, but alas, neither did.

Saturday was the Punk rock BBQ and Fugazi. Please tell me a better way to spend the day. Pat and I missed a large portion of the BBQ, but luckily we showed up just in time to see Haymarket Riot!* All I do know about them is that Mike Bennet of Haymarket fame looks like Thom York minus the lazy eye. Actually, he is the nicest member by far. He’s a friend of Pat’s and he always goes out of his way to give me a friendly hello.**

Tina, Jer’s girlfriend, said that there was a John Cusack sighting before I showed up. Did you hear that folks? JOHN CUSACK!!!!! I guess he showed up with his dog, stayed to watch a band and then disappeared. I asked Tina why she didn’t ambush him and save him for me. If you haven’t guessed, I am a huge fan.

Three cool things about the Punk Rock BBQ? 1)Thrill Jockey booth consisted of an ironing board on which they sold merchandise. 2)The train tracks for metra were right behind where the band played. Occasionally, it was hard to hear the music when one passed. 3) So many dogs! It made me want to bring my big doggy, Dylan,*** out to play with all the other dogs.

Hmmm. . . it's going to take me awhile to write about the Fugazi show. More later.

PS The Nerves suck. They sucked the first time I saw them and they still suck when I saw them at this BBQ.


*So, sarcastic it isn’t even funny.
**Just because he is nice doesn’t mean that I appreciate their music.
***AKA: my neurotic dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home