Monday, June 25, 2001

Jen

There is this soap dispenser in the ladies room that always squirts soap on me, such as on my arms, shirt or pants/skirt, rather than on my hands. Actually, it is more like 70% of the time, it is on my hands, 30% elsewhere. At any rate, I still go back to the same dispenser and sink. Today, I got soap “dispensed” on to my forearm. I’m like Bart in that Simpsons episode where Lisa wants to get back at Bart for throwing her gargantuan* sized tomato at Principal Skinner. Anyway, Lisa’s new experiment is to prove that a hamster is smarter than her brother. There is this cupcake on the counter and even though Bart gets shocked every time he touches it, he still goes for it. You’d think that I’d avoid it and find a new favorite sink to use, but I don’t. Yes, we are creatures of habit.**

Back to the Fugazi show. Shellac played first and unfortunately, we missed most of them because we thought The EX was opening. Coin toss maybe? Anyway, I think the Congress may be too big of a venue for Shellac. Not because they can’t fill it up, because I’m sure they can. More for the fact that they are a very intense band. I saw them on new Years Day at the Fireside back in 1998, I think, and the small venue just added to how intense they are live. It was an incredible show.

The EX was very good. I didn’t know what to expect. I’m not sure if I’d pick up an album or not, but I enjoyed their music none the less. Cool thing about The EX? Chick drummer.

Fugazi! There was a lot of rock, a knocked over amp and two encores. I was happy that I got to hear “Break.” I love that song.

Here’s a funny little story that happened to Pat and I. So we are at the DC booth and they are giving away free show posters. Well, by time we get there, they are all gone.

Guy at booth: Sorry guys, we are all out of posters. We weren’t expecting to run out of them so soon. Are you coming tomorrow?
Jen and Pat: No.
Guy at booth: Hmm, you guys live in Chicago?
Pat: Yeah.
Guy at booth: I’m John (offers hand) you are?
Jen: Jen.
Pat: Patrick***
John: Here’s my business card. Just e-mail me and I can mail you the poster . . . or we can meet up! (long pause as he sees Pat and I give each other “this is a very odd man” look) . . . or I can mail them.

Woah. Meet up to just give us posters? He was a very nice and cool guy, though. I’m going to e-mail him today. I’ll let you know how it goes.

*I just love this word.
**Or is it because we never learn?
***So formal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home