Wednesday, June 27, 2001

Jen

Wow, y'all are hellbound for a poster!

Due to the beautiful day, I sat on the lawn for lunch. I saw some crazy things . . . 1) a big, very hairy belly. Eww. 2) A group of young punk rock kids, with their leader “Mr. J,” a thirty something, bald, tattooed all over, guy. They hung out in the park for about five minutes and then left. 3) A minute later, I see a bunch of boy scouts, in the full get up- the hats, scarves and tanish outfits, do the same thing Mr. J and his boys just did. 4) Someone’s* napkin escape from their lunch, fly across the lawn and then attach itself to the back of someone else’s shirt.

Guess who wrote me back!!! Jon from the Fugazi show! Little did I know whom I was writing to. I did a little research on the internet. Jon Resh runs Viper Press, an independent “small graphic design and publishing company comprised of Jon and one soon-to-be intern.” I knew his name looked familiar . . . I was reading the Tribune and I saw an article about Indie Rock and Jon’s Book, Amped: Notes from a Go- Nowhere Punk Band, was mentioned. If you go to the above website, you can check it out. Pretty cool, eh? Well, in my e-mail, I asked about Viper Press and what kind of things they publish (like photos!). I had this idea about taking excerpts from all of the different blogs and publishing some sort of book . . . I dunno, maybe I’m thinking/talking out of my arsehole. Point being, the idea is out there for me. Jon is still pretty set on meeting so I can a) get the Fugazi show posters we are so “hellbound” for, and b) maybe I can tell him my ideas and show him my work. He seemed like a really cool guy . . . It’s worth a shot. More on this in the future.

PS Thanks Greg, for ruining all the fun of the spice guessing game. BOO! I might have gotten one!

*me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home