Thursday, July 19, 2001

Jen

Hello everyone, I am a park ranger and I will be leading you on the tour. All of the park rangers here at Alcatraz were at one time guards, myself included. My name is John Johnson, but everyone here calls me Vicky. Will you please follow me.


Last night, I saw "You don’t know Jack", and I really like Paul Reubens in it. He’s very funny; it’s strange because it’s a game show. Most game shows aren’t funny. That’s why he’s 80’s star of the month! Do you guys remember when Phil Hartman was the mailman on PeeWee Herman’s Playhouse? I love Phil Hartman. Look at above quote. Do you know where this is from? If you know and e-mail me where it's from, I'll send you something. I haven't figured out what yet- but something. And it won't be crap.

I just had lunch with Ken, and I got to see all of his photos of South America. He had this one photo of a plaza in Columbia, and we played “spot the Americans.” Do you know how you win at this game? Look for a Jansport backpack or a baseball hat. If you want to play “spot the Europeans” just look for crazy colored backpacks/clothes. Or the weird guy with sandals and pink shorts. Ten bucks says he from Vienna.*

It looks like the Hala Kahiki is calling tonight. I could use a fruity drink with a plastic palm tree, especially after my “gross and hot” experience this morning.

I’m wearing this long skirt that is a bit constricting when it comes to walking. I have to exert twice as much energy than with a normal skirt. So, this morning, when I realized that I might be late, I had to pseudo-run to the L. Pat’s place isn’t all that close, especially when it’s humid like today. Then, when I finally get there, I happen to get on a car that is not air conditioned, so it’s gross and hot. I get off the L and the subway is gross and hot, so basically, by time I got to work, I was gross and hot.

Do you remember when you were younger and you said grody instead of gross? Like, “Eeew! That’s so grody!”

Wow, this whole blog is all over the place.

PS-No Bill the boss man savage tomorrow.**

*When I lived in England, I constantly came across a guy with this outfit. He had a German/Austrian accent from what I could guess, so, now, as a joke, I associate Austrians with this outfit.
** Yes, when I was younger, I used to watch wrestling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home