Monday, August 06, 2001

Jen

Don’t you hate it when someone calls you and they think your someone else and you think their someone else and then you two talk . . . and anyway, here’s what happened.

Me: Hello?
Unknown person: Heeeey (In that tone like they know you)
Me: Hello?
U.P.: It’s me, Laura.*
Me: Oh . . . hi! How are you doing? (Still shocked that she’s calling me.)
Laura: Great, what are you up to?
Me: Well, I’m just on my way out the door to go to Paul Berko’s going away party.
Laura: Oh, I don’t know him.
Me: Yeah you do, he went to our high school.
Laura: Oh. . . I guess I don’t remember him.**
Me: Ok, well, where are you? Can I call you later this weekend?
Laura: I’m at home.
Me: Home where? Park Ridge?***
Laura: No. I’m at my mom’s house in South Bend.
Me: (Long pause . .. me thinking, who the hell is this person? I don’t know anyone in South Bend? Is South Bend in Indiana? What the hell?) Um well, why don’t we talk later.
Laura: Ok. Bye.

I have yet to ask Marisa (roommate #1) if she knows a Laura in South Bend, well, because if she does, then I had better give her the message.

*I have this friend Laura from high school that I used to be good friends with until we had a falling out about two years ago. I haven’t spoken to her since.
**I find this strange because our high school wasn’t all that big. There were people I didn’t know of, this is true, but I can’t imagine anyone not knowing who Berko is. The only kids I didn’t know of in my high school were the kids who got off early on the work release program or those that just didn’t show up.
***She lived in Madison for a short while. So I was confused as to what home she was speaking of.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home