Tuesday, August 21, 2001

Jen

Game on!

Woo-hoo! The office is going to the Cubs game on Thursday this week, so it’s almost like having a day off in the middle of the week. Hell, I don’t even mind hanging out with the people on my office! Kidding. Everyone knows how much I like the people here.

This adds to Jen’s fun week o’birthday. We’ve got a movie, a game, a love connection*, the actual night out for my b-day, a show and free dinner with the P’s Sunday night.

I’m still looking for someone to drive down to Champaign with me on Saturday. Pat is moving that day, so he can’t go. Notice how I happen to be “conveniently” out of town on moving day. He, he.

Why does my phone smell again? About 2 weeks ago, my phone smelled like a fat guy’s BO.** So, I did all this stuff to make it smell better, and it seemed to work. The smell is back again today. I did the whole fantastic thing, but I can still smell it. Who uses my phone when I’m not here? I can just imagine it; some big janitorial guy comes in the office, sits in my chair, kicks his feet up and calls his mom who lives in Oklahoma.

Oh, I didn’t get to steam clean my carpets yesterday. I spent too much time helping Gant clean up and trying to put together this stupid bookcase. I put together every piece of assembly required furniture in my house with ease, but for some stupid reason, I can put this together. I think it’s because I don’t have enough torque.*** It’s even funny for me to be using that word, but I couldn’t screw the wood screws all the way into place. It was so hard! This is how hard it was. Gant couldn’t do it. If you’ve seen Gant, all 6 something feet/many pounds of him, you know that he should be able to screw those into place. Gant has torque. But no. So, now I have a half-put together bookcase in my living room.

I’m going to write some e-mails. Back later, hopefully.

*I’m kind of a third, but asked to go with, wheel on a dinner “date” with the roomie-Gant and an old friend of mine.
**Not that I am an expert on the scents of BO, but you can imagine who might fit the profile of a certain smell.
***Gant made fun of me for repeatedly using this word to explain why I couldn’t put it together. “You said torque.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home