Wednesday, August 08, 2001

Jen

Wasn’t the end of last night’s game incredible?!?!

I also got my ass kicked in 10 and 2. Beginners luck I say.

So, last night, as I’m leaving work, Pat calls me, which is a little odd. It’s only odd because he never calls me at that time unless it’s important, we are meeting somewhere or he’s asking me to pick something up. I ask if anything is wrong and he just asks what I am up to- my first hint that something is up. Also, the caller ID is blocked, so I am confused to where he is. According to him, he’s at work and he’s going to be hanging out with Mike. Ok, fine.

So I get back to Pat’s to pick up my stuff and Eugene and Pat W. (roomie) home. 2nd hint something is up- Eugene being over. Pat W. and Eugene are friends, but Eugene is primarily my Pat’s friend. They keep asking me what Pat and I are doing tonight and when he’s coming home. I keep saying that he’s at Mike house. They seem to be acting strange and I can’t put my finger on it.

After about 15 minutes, and all sorts of weird questions as to Pat’s where-a-bouts, I notice that a few of his belongings are still at the apartment- things that he would take with him. For instance, his face to his car stereo. Then I notice his keys. As I’m holding up his belongings, I ask, “Ok, so what kind of joke are we pulling on Jen?” They look at each other and Eugene says, “I think Pat should tell you.” While Pat is saying, “I think Eugene should tell you.” Basically, I give up and go in his room- no one there. Or so I think- he’s behind the door.

The best part for me was when they all were talking about how they had so “cleverly” fooled me. It was also kind of funny that they spent the time to block caller ID, so I wouldn’t know where Pat was calling from. Ah, alcohol. It makes us do strange things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home