Monday, August 06, 2001

Jen

On Friday, I said that I wanted to go to the beach and go out somewhere drinking. Well, mission accomplished!

Friday, I went out to Bart-crap-let to a going away gathering at a bar which wasn’t all that fun, probably because it was Bartlett. Saturday also got the going away treatment, but it was way more fun. And yes, last night, Pat and I went to North Ave. beach. So I got the joys of the lake without the crowded beaches, tons of children and too much sun, because we went at 7:30pm. The water is still cold. I’m figuring by September, it should be just about the right temperature.

Birthday countdown: 18 days.

It’s funny because Pat doesn’t know when my birthday is and I won’t tell him either. He knows it’s August, but he doesn’t know the day. And he doesn’t read this, so my birthday countdown won’t give it away. So, I’ve been dropping clues. We were watching TV, and there was an ad for Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back*, which hits theaters on August 22nd. So, I say: “Hmmm, that comes out right around my birthday.”

Last night, at the beach, we were playing with the sand and I made a volcano, just for childish purposes, and Pat asked me what it was. I said, “it’s Mt.Vesuvius. It erupted on my birthday.” Which is true, back in 79 AD.** Then I got the speech that he knew I was dropping hints and that he would figure it out, or remember the day of my birthday, without my help. All I know is that I’m guarding my drivers license, because I’m not going to let him get the day that easily. I want him to work for it.

One more thing. It’s time for Band/Artist of the Month. Take a wild guess what band my vote is for.

*No comments on the movie.
**I know this bit of information due to the BBC. God bless British television.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home