Wednesday, November 21, 2001

Becky

Headstands!! Headstands!! We did headstands!!!

Okay, this is a monumental feat that happened in yoga class last night. First Jen and then me-we both actually did headstands (the might have been against a wall but its still hard!)! and of course there is a story involved.......

A few months ago we were instructed on how to do headstands against the wall in class. I was not very graceful in lifting up my legs, so I just kindof threw them up there to try to get started (kindof like a kid would do), and then my teacher yelled at me in front of the whole class and I was really embarrased and swore that I would never try to do a headstand again.

Fastforward to last night and we are back in headstand mode. I get into position and pretend to try and then come back down (meanwhile Jen is doing it on her own-go Jen!!), so mary comes up to me.......
Mary: Did you do it becky?
me: no, I tried but I can't do it. I need to do more work-but I can do a tripod!
Mary (in a very stern, demanding voice): try it again. I want to see you do it.
me: (whimper) okay.......
so I try and I can't get my feet off the ground, so she reached down, readjusts my head and suddenly my legs are going up and I am in a headstand! yay!!

this story is brought to you courtesy of NU Yoga-please go there and have mary teach you even if she is about tough love sometimes.....

ps: Happy birthday to Bjork! also a lovely 36! (I wonder if her and mike d. ever have bday parties together.....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home