Thursday, November 08, 2001

Jen

I‘ve never been too good with names but I remember faces.

I’ve also never been too keen on last names. My last name is not very descriptive of me at all. Ok, fine, I am part polish, but that is from my mom’s side. My dad is really some Irish dude. My last name is my stepfather’s last name.

Anyway, especially with “ski” in your last name like mine, you are stereotyped. It’s just a fact of life, even though it sucks. For awhile, I was trying to think of ways to cleverly shorten it. I was going to remove extraneous letters, or just change it all together. One friend shortened it to Chan. I tried to explain to him that is sounded Asian and that it would be just like the Seinfeld episode, you know, white chick, Asian last name. He still calls me Jenny Chan.

So, moving with current trends, I am too changing my last name. Hopefully one day, I will be a college photo teacher and maybe have some works of art out there. I better cover my ass, just in case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home